3 Seaters Sofa in Reclaimed Hardwood Frame & Solid Sand Cast Brass Structure
This sofa can be crated and ready to ship in one week. We are huge fans of Fabrics by Gastón Y Daniela. We opted for their honeycomb textured Quercus in this fabulous blue as we feel this contrasts beautifully with the rigid, geometrical design of our sofa. Should you prefer to dress with your own fabric, let us know! We do accept C.O.M.
- Frame Reclaimed Teak Wood
- Finish Diamond Oiled
- Structure Extruded & Hand-Welded Brass
- Finish Golden Sand
- Seat 100% Latex
- Fabric Gastón Y Daniela - Quercus (Azul - LCT5460-005)
- Yardage 11 m | 12 yd for a standard width of 140 cm (54 in)
- Size D 220 x W 80 x H 70 | Seat H 38.5 cm
- D 86 x W 31 x H 27.56 | Seat H 15.16 in
- Lead Time 12 weeks maximum (if your preferred fabric is in-stock)
Sofas and (Day)beds
Stéphanie Grusenmeyer and Pieter Compernol, founders of P. Tendercool teamed up with French designer Jerôme Barrier to create a sleek sit-stirring collection of 21st century vintage, crafted with P. Tendercool care, Reclaimed Hardwood, Solid Brass and Luxurious Latex. Dressed in your preferred fabrics. A humble homage to Bauhaus, Mies van der Rohe and Le Corbusier.
We Stole From Mies
We use cross-profiled extruded and hand-welded solid Brass rods for the legs, arm- and headrests. We got this idea whilst visiting the iconic Barcelona Pavillion by Mies van der Rohe, one of our all-time favorites. Mies used this shape as supporting column. The cross-profile is not only extremely strong: by – seemingly – straightforward cutting and welding we can create shapes which are elegant, functional, yet minimal. A leg supports the wooden frame, curls around it, becomes armrest or headrest, curves back to become a leg on the other side. Pure, functional design. Simplicity!
With condo prices rising and location, location, location ever more the mantra of city life, space becomes a rare luxury. Our Three-Seater sofa takes up a mere W 225 x D 87 x H 70 cm (W 88.58 x D 34.25 x H 27.56 in), and doubles as a very comfortable guest-bed in seconds, just remove the pillows and bolsters and a perfect, 100% latex mattress awaits your guests, no fumbling folding, no need to move furniture. Minimal space taken, no compromise on comfort and flexibility. Elegant. Bespoke. Luxury.
The all-visible architecture of our sofa collection provides stability and functionality, yet delivers linear, luxurious looks. What you see is what you get. From all sides. Even from the back. Very few sofas grace the center of a living room. We believe ours do.
We are based in Thailand, ideally placed for some serious wood hunting and gathering. We regularly go on sourcing-trips to villages and wood shops where merchants buy up vintage houses, rice-barns and long forgotten structures. While Thailand no longer produces wood, a couple of generations back Teak wood was abundant. It is our job to score this beautifully aged wood and re-use it for our furniture. Real Reclaimed Hardwood, (not the sand-blasted machined crap many claim is reclaimed). Which means you will find some traces of the wood’s past life: traces of old joints, some pegs- or nail holes we filled. Our Sofas & (Day)beds are strong and sturdy, but they are not perfect. Just like we like them.
We were blown away when mattress-masters Theptex Thailand agreed to help us to soften our Sit-Stirring seating collection: we are humbled, and proud to announce our seats and bolsters are created with the purest, most natural latex, from real trees, from properly managed plantations, harvested by real people, created and processed by skilled workers in Lab-like environments. More mattress-memory than even the best Memory Foam, antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-fungal, hypo-allergic are just a few perks you’ll enjoy.
Most importantly: our sofa’s sit Pretty Darn Well. Binge watching Peaky Blinders? Rest assured: Luxurious Latex, always a safe bed. One down-side: reasonable risk of couch-potato-guests overstaying their welcome.
All our pillows and cushions are filled to the brim with down and feathers or latex-flakes should you be allergic.
The Great Outdoors
Our Sofas & (Day)beds and loungers can be perfectly used outdoors. We’d change the latex to QuickDry Foam and upholster with any outdoor fabric you send our way.
Custom rain-covers available.
Don’t worry! We ship about one third of our creations overseas and enjoy a near perfect track-record. Do contact us if you’d have any questions or concerns. We’ll get back to you within 12 hours.
Delivery to the port nearest to you. (by sea)
This is the most affordable shipping option. You will need to arrange transport from the nearest port to your (client) home. There are
- With help of a provided customs broker who arranges all the paperwork for you and informs where and when to pick up the crate(s). Since COVID-19 outbreak this custom broker service costs a flat fee of 600 USD and is included in our quotation. All other costs are included, except some charges* at destination which cannot be pre-paid.
- With help of a customs broker of your choice who arranges all the paperwork for you and informs where and when to pick up the create(s). He will invoice you directly. All other costs are included, except some charges* which cannot be pre-paid.
Delivery to your – or your client’s – doorstep. (by air or by sea)
A customs broker handles all the paperwork and informs when the shipment is scheduled and when they would deliver. All costs are included except some local charges* at destination which cannot be pre-paid. We will always advise both DHL by air and sea shipping costs.
Note: to date we cannot arrange ‘White Glove’ delivery from Thailand: you should arrange help to uncrate, install and remove packaging. In reality a little pocket money to delivery people can do wonders. For larger items we suggest checking with the customs broker in advance if they are willing to offer that extra service.
Overview of charge* at destination
- Local Vat (there is no import-tax on our furniture)
- Merchandise processing fee = 0.3464% of value (USA)
- Harbor maintenance fee = 0.125% of value (USA)
- Storage fee (as per receipt, if any)
- Customs inspection fee (as per receipt, if any)
- Destination terminal fee (based on warehouse’s tariff which is different for each warehouse at destination port)
We will add 7% VAT for items delivered in Thailand.
- For payments by credit card, 2% will be added.
- Since we are based in Thailand our prices are listed in Thai Baht. Listed prices in USD are indicative, will fluctuate with exchange rate.
- Payment possible in Thai Baht, USD or Euro.